Job Search Training
Job search training $299 (120 minutes)
Did you ever wonder just why you didn’t get that job interview? Was it your CV or was it your cover letter? Did you apply for the job just for the sake of it? Or did they even look at your job application at all?
At CV Wizard Of Oz we have found that a lot of our clients get stuck right at the starting gate, the actual job search itself. Lack of organisation and focus can hinder your chances of matching you to your dream job.
We have put together a comprehensive job search plan to help you in your search for work or career change.
- What are your Job Search goals?
We look at the type of work that you do or want to change career to. More than just looking for any job, your goal should be to find a job in an industry that matches your skills, training and personal attributes and can provide you with the long-term prospects that you expect.
We discuss industry awareness in your profession, hiring trends in Australia & New Zealand, who is hiring, what skills are in demand and where you fit into this.
- Get Organised
We gather and review all documentation relevant to the job search including your CV or resume, references, training certificates, visa status, licenses.
If you are applying to more than one job, we assess the way you tailor your CV to the roles and highlight certain skills. Unfortunately, a ‘one size fits all’ CV may not contain the right keywords and can lack focus and ultimately your application may not progress.
Your CV is a critical tool in your job application. It is the primary way that you showcase your skills and suitability for the role. At CV Wizard Of Oz, we specialize in creating top notch CV’s that are tailored to the job you are applying for, with a focus on the right knowledge, skills and abilities that can get you to the interview stage.
Your LinkedIn profile is just as important as your CV. Employers and recruiters routinely check to see if your online profile not only matches your CV but offers more insights into why they should choose you for the next stage of the recruitment process. We examine this and determine if it needs to be created or reworked.
- Job Search and Job Application
- We help you to understand the job search process, the hiring process and what recruiters will expect from your job application.
- We search the relevant job advertisements online, in jobs board and in newspapers to identify roles that you would like to apply for.
- We show you how to approach employers that you would like to work for and how to ‘cold call’ hiring managers to impress them with your suitability for any potential or upcoming roles.
- We identify real or example roles that you would like to apply for, we gather your tailored CV, cover letter and any relevant documentation that is required for the application and discuss the application process.
You will be fully confident in your skills and abilities and have the belief that you can get that job!
- The Follow-Up
So you gave it your best shot, now what? Even after your job application, there are a few subtle tricks you can use to encourage the hiring managers to progress you for the interview stage. We show you
- how to follow up your job application,
- when it’s appropriate to communicate,
- how to draft follow up emails and thank you letters.
Even if you don’t land the job, it’s important to leave a good impression in the hiring managers mind, you never know when you might cross paths again!
5. What You Get – 120 minutes Job Search Training:
- Full assessment of your CV, Cover Letters, LinkedIn profile
- Feedback on how your application documents match the selection criteria of the roles you are applying to
- Information on Interview structure (types of questions, STAR and CAR methods)
- Tips on professional networking, cold calls and follow up communication
Be fully prepared and get 120 minutes Job Search Training from experienced HR and Recruiting managers to really put you ahead of the pack!